Health and Safety Qualifications
Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment - This qualification is aimed at learners who currently work or want to work in construction
Successful completion of this qualification will enable learners to apply for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card which allows access to construction sites in the UK as a non-skilled worker.
From the 1 July 2014 those who need a CSCS Green Card can obtain one by completing this qualification. This includes those entering the construction industry plus those who are renewing their card.
Who is this qualification for?
Anyone wishing to apply for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card to work on a UK construction site.
Why is this qualification important?
Construction is one of the most dangerous workplace activities. Last year, in the UK, 42 of the 133 workplace fatalities occurred in construction.
Assessment is via a 40 question multiple choice examination (online or paper-based) lasting one hour, Pass Mark 26 out of 40.
· The importance, key terms, legal responsibilities and reasons for good health and safety
· Fatalities, injuries and ill-health in construction
· Risk assessments and method statements
· Slips and trips
· Working at height
· Moving vehicles and mobile plant
· Work equipment
· Manual handling
· Hazardous substances
· Alcohol and drugs
· Health and safety signs
· Personal protective equipment
· Welfare facilities and personal hygiene
· Emergencies and first aid
· Reporting accidents and ill health.