Health & Safety Courses
Health & Safety Law - What you need to know
All workers have to right to work in places where risks to their health and safety are properly controlled. Health and safety is about stopping you getting hurt at work or ill through work. Your employee is responsible for health and safety, but you must help.
What employers must do for you
- Decide what could harm you in your job and the precautions to stop it. This is part of risk assessment.
- In a way you can understand, explain how risks will be controlled and tell you who is responsible for this.
- Consult and work with you and your health and safety representatives in protecting everyone from harm in the workplace.
- Free of charge, give you the health and safety training you need to do your job.
- Free of charge, provide you with any equipment and protective clothing you need, and ensure it is properly looked after.
- Provide toilets, washing facilities and drinking water.
- Provide adequate first-aid facilities.
- Report major injuries and fatalities at work to our Incident Contact Centre: 0845 300 9923. Report other injuries, diseases and dangerous incidents online at www.hse.gov.uk.
- Have insurance that covers you in case you get hurt at work or ill through work. Display a hard copy or electronic copy of the current insurance certificate where you can easily read it.
- Work with any other employers or contractors sharing the workplace or providing employees (such as agency workers), so that everyone’s health and safety is protected.
What you must do
- Follow the training you have received when using any work items your employer has given you.
- Take reasonable care of your own and other people’s health and safety.
- Co-operate with your employer on health & safety.
- Tell someone (your employer, supervisor, or health and safety representative) if you think the work or inadequate precautions are putting anyone’s health and safety at risk
Categories of General Courses
- Display Screen Equipment Course
- Office Safety
- Risk Assessment (Principles & Practice)
- Manual Handling
- Presentation Skills
- Methods of Instruction
- C.O.S.H.H Regulations/Assesments
- First Aid Courses (All Grades)
- Induction Training
- Instructor Assessments (Per Machine)
- Fire Safety Course
- Fire Wardens Course
- Workshop Saftey
- Site Safety Awareness
- Lift Truck Safety Awareness
- Health & Safety - Level 2
- Health & Safety - Level 3 (Supervisor)
- Health & Safety - Level 4 ( Advanced)
- Stress Awareness